Tuesday, November 29, 2011

French Property News, December 2011

This month's issue looks ahead to the major London property exhbition in January which normally provides a post-Christmas stimulus to a market that is traditionally quiet from mid-Novelber until early new year.

Based on my personal experience of currently selling my property on the Mediterranean coast and moving inland to Perpignan, I have been forced to analyse my needs and requirements (budget, amount of space, long term prospects etc) and ask myself the sort of questions which face every potential French property buyer - I include my Twelve Golden Rules for Successful Property Searching.

Also some of the frustrations of property searching, not least of which are the major property websites - one boasting nearly 800 000 French properties came up with nearly 350 meeting my basic parameters; and the poor quality of both photographs and descriptions - such as 'city centre' (well, there are parts I would not consider living in), floor level (I prefer a top floor), charges and taxes (which can vary widely), all the sort of information I want to be in possession of before even considering a visit.